Deep Dive: Deepening Human Rights Due Diligence – Part 3
- Datum & Uhrzeit / Date & time
- Mittwoch, 18.05.2022, 09:00h – 11:00h
- Veranstalter / Organizer
UN Global Compact in collaboration with Shift and UN Human Rights (OHCHR)
- Art der Veranstaltung / Event type
- Themenbereich / Topic
- UN Global Compact
While more than 90% of UN Global Compact business participants have human rights policies in place, only 18% conduct human rights impact assessments. Faced with a complex array of challenges and a vast network of business relationships, many find it difficult to know how to close the gap between aspirations on human rights and their action and impact on the ground.
Delivered in collaboration with Shift and UN Human Rights (OHCHR), this three-part UN Global Compact Academy Deep Dive Series is designed to help you deepen your understanding and develop an actionable plan to identify, prevent, mitigate and account for your company’s human rights impacts.
By completing this Academy Deep Dive Series, you will learn to:
- Assess the risks to people that your company could be connected to, and determine which ones to focus on first
- Identify the actions your company should take to prevent or mitigate impacts, understand if your actions are improving outcomes for people, and see how your company can increase its transparency
- Recognize how your company can provide for or cooperate in remedy, as required for adverse impacts
- Develop an action plan for company implementation
This is a three-part series, consisting of three live workshops, taking place on 4, 11 and 18 May. Each workshop will be available twice, to accommodate for different timezones (one session for Europe / Middle East / Africa / North America, and another session for Asia / Australia / New Zealand). Please enrol into each session well in advance to receive email reminders before the session!
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Participants who attend all three sessions of this Deep Dive Series will receive a certificate of completion. The first session will focus on foundational content for the second and third sessions.
Is this series for me?
The series is open to all companies participating in the UN Global Compact, with a focus on professionals within the company with roles and responsibilities related to human rights and sustainability.
How do I prepare?
To prepare for your participation in the Deep Dive Series, we encourage you to first complete the Academy learning plan Business and Human Rights: How Companies Can Operationalize the UN Guiding Principles. Through four interactive, 30-minute modules, this plan provides the foundational understanding and skills needed to get the most out of your participation in the Deep Dive Series.
This Deep Dive series is also fully available in Spanish.