19 – 20 October 2016 | Training: "How to do Business with Respect for Children’s Rights"
UNICEF, Deutsches Global Compact Netzwerk and twentyfifty ltd. are pleased to invite you to attend the 2016 event of the forthcoming UNICEF global training package on the steps businesses can take to manage their impacts on children, and to integrate children’s rights into business processes.
UNICEF, twentyfifty ltd., DGCN
- Draw on international frameworks, standards and tools which are relevant to business in relation to children’s rights
- Understand how the due diligence process unfolds for a company considering a child rights approach
- Know how to set up an impact assessment incorporating children’s rights
- Know how to identify and engage with affected children and their representatives
- Explore how to integrate commitment and mitigating actions into corporate policy, principles, programs and reporting
- Explore what could comprise an effective grievance channel for children
- Theory relating to integrating a child rights perspective into specific corporate management processes
- Discussion on practical steps, application challenges and strategies for success
- An opportunity to reflect on your own business with a child rights lens
- Examples and exercises based on real case studies
- The course is open for businesses only (from all countries, sectors and sizes). Ideally participants will have a good understanding of the broader business and human rights framework.
This training will be sponsored by UNICEF and is therefore free of charge for participants.